University Home  |  Join the collection  |  Site map
Position: Home->Campus Life->Visa


Once admitted, you will receive the university’s letter of admission and JW202 form. The applicant can apply for X1 or X2 visa at Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in your home country.

International Students who will study in China must possess ordinary passports with study visa (Category X) . The students who enter China with the other types of visas are not eligible to study in Jiujiang University or get residence permit.

Important Notes: The Student Visa ‘X1’ Visa will only be valid for 30 days after your arrival in China. You must apply for a Residence Permit within these 30 days in order to obtain a legal status in China at Jiujiang Municipal Public Security Bureau.

Residence Permit(Multiple Entries into China)

International students with study visa (Category X) shall apply for Residence Permit within 30 days after arrival in China. Overdue applicants have to bear the consequences for the delay and fine. The following documents are required for the application of the 1-year extendable residence permit:

1. Passport

2. Residence Permit Application Form

3. Registration Form of Residence

4. Admission Notice

5. JW201/202 Form (Visa Application Form for Study in China)

6. Physical Examination Report

7. Certificate issued by Student Affairs Office, JJU FIS

8. 2 Photos (2 inches, 3.5cm*4.5cm)


1. Students who obtained Physical Examination Report from their home country also NEED to do the medical check-up in Jiujiang city.

2. The address of visa/immigration office is No.212, Changhong Avenue, Lianxi District, Jiujiang City.